EKO SUPPORT SERVICES, APAPA LAGOS STATE
The Oil and Gas Free Zone (Eko Support Services), Lagos, was established in 2015 but did not come under the regulatory control of OGFZA until 2017. Eko Support Services has 20 years of experience in port management and terminal logistics support services.
Eko Support Services embarked on a substantial investment, committing funds in the redevelopment of the facility. The construction started in 2012 and was completed in 2014. On completion, the facility currently has:
- Quayside – 400m
- Draft – 12 m in low water
- Size/Area – 70,000 Sqm
- Warehouse – 2,000 Sqm
- Offices – 500 Sqm
- State-of-the-art high capacity facility to deliver industrial water at 60 ton an hour.
Eko Support Services has highly trained workforce using state-of-the-art equipment, offering the most efficient and time saving cargo handling services in a QHSE compliant environment. We provide the following services:
Port Services to Ocean Going Import & Export Vessels
- 24 Hours stevedoring Operations
- Support Vessels Operations
- Open and Covered Storage
- Road and Sea Transportation
- Crew Change Terminal
- Equipment Rental
- Heavy lift operations
- Logistic Supervision
- Inventory Management
- Shore base services
- Bunkering water and diesel
- Rental of fully functional offices
- Equipment and personnel for heavy lift operations
- Warehousing and storage facility
- Materials management
CARGO HANDLING SERVICES
Eko Support Services offers a technologically advanced reliable and professionally maintained equipment to provide the most efficient cargo handling and terminal operations, including heavy lifts and oversized cargo with the aim to minimize the vessel turn around and cargo dwell time, increase client’s efficiency and cost optimization. Equipment on site are;
- 2 x 500KV Generators
- 1 x 350KV Generator
- 1 x 100KV Generator
- 1 x 200-Ton Crane
- 2 x 120-Ton Crawler/Manitowoc Cranes
- 1 x 60-Ton Crane
- 1 X 20-Ton Forklift
- 1 x 15-Ton Forklift
- 1 x 3-Ton Forklift
- 3 x Mack Trucks with 40ft trailers extendable, 60-ton low bed trailers up to 24-axle self-propelled hydraulic modules.
- Can provide up to 500 Ton shore crane
Their goal is to provide and sustain a safe and healthy working environment by developing safe Operating Procedures, Rules and Guidelines for all employees and customers.
- Safety Stevedoring – Supervision/Coverage for Stevedoring operations.
- Safety Training – Induction and in-house training for staff based specific requirement.
- Quality Assurance/Control – Management of certification of lifting gears, lifting equipment, operators and PPE.
- Safety Plant – General QHSE coverage, equipment and plant monitoring.
- Transport Safety – Light Vehicle Monitoring/Inspection and Defensive Training Certification for drivers.
- QMS/ISO Services – Continual monitoring for improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS) against ISO 9001:2015 requirements and certification. They have established quality objectives and defined requirement processes for all suppliers, contractors and partners to ensure quality performance throughout the value chain.
- ISO certifications – They are in the process of obtaining certifications for ISO 1401:2015 and 4501:2018 – for Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems respectively. This will further increase their competitive edge, market share and improve customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Service Satisfaction – Client satisfaction with commendable feedback.